Sunday, July 1, 2012

REDD'S Voice on P90X



I love P90X; and I will scream it from every mountain top! I love the overall program and I love the fact that it's for those with a College mentality. By that, I mean: When we were in Elementary, Middle School, and High School, people checked our homework and grades. We were held accountable for punctuality and the production of projects as well as preparation for exams. But, for those of us who went to college, we were left on our own. College pushes us to become ADULTS. Nobody is there to hold our hands. It's up to us to go to class; prepare for exams; and write our term papers and hand them in on time. P90X is the same way. As an ADULT, it's up to you to turn on the DVD player or computer and do the work. It's up to you - as an ADULT - to exhibit some discipline and persevere to the end of each workout [and to the end of the program]. If it doesn't work for you; it probably doesn't work because you didn't make the effort.
 

A new P90X session begins for my friends and I tomorrow [Monday July 2, 2012]. This time around, I'll have a one-on-one accountability partner. This will push ME to do even more and work harder than I've worked in the past. As a former Fitness Trainer [and Martial Artists], this is right up my alley.

I love the challenge of P90X! I'm a big nerd. So, I challenge my mind more than I challenge my body; especially since I'm no longer a Fitness Trainer or a Martial Artist. Also, I need to get back to peak conditioning. I lost a lot of my balance and coordination after having two (2) cerebellar strokes Friday June 17, 2011! My recovery has been called "miraculous." But, in reality [you know I like to be realistic], immediately after the first stroke I dialed 911 and unlocked the doors of my apartment. A few moments later, the second stroke gripped me. My quick reaction was what helped me to make a speedy [and as some like to say "miraculous"] recovery. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe in miracles and the miraculous. But, I have to balance out the miraculous with human effort and quick thinking; in my case. I have a tiny hole in my heart that I knew NOTHING about. Blood clots in my body were able to pass through the hole and up to my brain. That's why I had the strokes. Thankfully, this Summer, I will finally have the hole sealed. Due, in part, to modern technology; by way of a non-invasive procedure that will be performed. I refused to have my ribs cracked and chest opened to close the hole. I think this fairly new procedure - with its 98% rate of success - falls into the realm of the miraculous. So we'll put a gold star next to that one for bona fide MIRACLE!

I'm ready to begin this journey again. I also hope that this post motivates someone else to start their quest down the path to getting into the best shape of their life. P90X is NO JOKE! But it will, literally, change your life; and your body [externally AND internally].

 

"From my lips to your soul!"


Peace and love...

No comments:

Post a Comment