Sunday, July 1, 2012

REDD'S Voice on Dealing With REALITY

This is my first blog post and I wanted to get right to the heart of my philosophy. I think that people - especially in AMERICA - avoid dealing with REALITY! We tend to present ourselves and someone other than who we really are; and let's face it, we're trained and or programmed to do so. When you interview for a job, you put on your nicest clothes and "sell" yourself. It often leads people to pass off a figment of their imagination [a representative] as the person they think the employer wants them to be in order to get the job. So, we live our lives thinking that this practice is the norm; that it's perfectly fine.

Then, we go out on dates and we do the SAME thing. We try to "sell" ourselves to the person we're out with, in hopes of getting this person to really like us. But we're really offering a totally DIFFERENT person for our date to get into. It's NOT reality. Yet, we've come to grips with living in this space between reality and a blatant lie. When do we deal with reality?

A lot of my peers think that I'm some sort of revolutionary; because I talk about all the subjects that they regard as taboo [politics, religion, money, sexuality and sex, HIV/AIDS, other preventable diseases, personal grooming, psychology & counseling, etc.]. Why these subjects are "taboo" in a liberal, liberated country like the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is a mystery to me. But these issues need to be addressed; and I'll continue to address them.

People who live in reality and deal with reality don't allow any issues or subject matter to fall into the category of TABOO! Nothing is off limits. But, we do address or discuss all subject matter tactfully; because BEING REAL doesn't have to equate to BEING RUDE! Some people get the two concepts confused because they both begin with the letter *R,* I guess!

Now that you have been introduced to REDD, and not REDD'S representative, we can begin our journey with honesty and integrity. I hope to add something positive to your life. I hope to gain something from those of you who will (hopefully) write to me and share your feelings, questions, suggestions, and random ideas or ideologies. Remember that NOTHING is off limits. I will do my very best to express myself honestly, openly, tactfully, and in a way that is simple, to the point, and easy to comprehend; so we can learn and grow. I'll be back to terrorize your mind and emotions!


"From my lips to your soul!"


Peace and love...

No comments:

Post a Comment